|HOME PLANETARIUM SPACE 800M|
|TELESCOPE & ASTRONOMY HOMEPAGE|
|SITE MAP & SITE SEARCH|
|VIXEN PRICE LIST||BINOCULARS|
|VIXEN'S EMAIL ADDRESS|
|TELESCOPES & ASTRONOMY'S EMAIL ADDRESS|
|GENERAL INQUIRIES & CURRENT PRICES|
|(7313) SPACE 800M|
All the 88 constellations can be projected on the ceiling and wall of your room.
It can be used as a celestal globe by projecting the constellations on the screen caps.
At your own home, you can enjoy the view simulation of the starry sky seen at every place of the world.
Being operated by batteries, it is safe to use and convenient to carry.
1. Screen Cap
If you switch on the illumination light without taking off the screen cap, it can be used as a celestial globe.
2. Constellation Ball
On half of the ball, the constellations of the northern hemisphere sky are printed. On the other half, the constellations of the southern hemisphere sky are printed. The sky you want to see should be placed upward.
3. Date Circle
If you set time on the constellation ball to date on the date circle, the starry sky of that date and time can be projected.
4. Inclination Angle
Incline the date circle and set it to the inclination angle of the place where you want to see the sky. The inclination angle can be computed with the formula - (90°) - (Latitude of the Place).
5. On-off Switches
S - Illumination light for southern hemisphere sky
M - Motor
N - Illumination light for northern hemisphere sky
6. Power Source
Battery - Six C-size batteries (not included)
Duration - About 30 hours
Revolution Speed - About 3 minutes per revolution
(Place the batteries in the battery case inside the base. When revolution speed is slow or illumination light is dim, the batteries should be replaced with new oens.)
Inclination Angles of Main Cities:
Moscow N34 Sydney S55 London N38 Buenos Aires S55 Paris N41 Rio de Janeiro S67 Rome N48 New York N49 Madrid N49 Cologne N51 Tokyo N54 Los Angles N56 Hong Kong N68 Mexico City N71USING THE 800M
A. Using as a celestal globe
1. Without taking off the screen cap, set upward either the northern hemisphere sky or the southern hemisphere sky.
2. Switch on the illumination light (S or N). The constellations will be projected on the screen cap. (In this case, the constellations will
be reversed as you look at the movement of heavenly bodies from the outside.)
B. Using as a planetarium
1. Place the Space 800 under the flat ceiling. Take off the screen cap.
2. In the dark room, switch on the illumination light (S or N). A starry sky will be projected on the ceiling and wall of the room. To turn
the starry sky, switch on the motor (M). The starry sky will rotate at a speed of about 3 minutes per revolution.
3. The proper distance between the Space 800 and the projection screen is about one meter. If the projection screen is too far, images may be blurred.
C. Projecting the starry sky of a specific place, date and hour
When projecting the starry sky of a specific place, date and hour, use the inlcination angle and the date cirlce. As an example, the following shows how to project the starry sky seen in Tokyo at 9.00 p.m. on April 10.
1. Set upward the northern hemisphere sky. Incline the date circle and set it to about 54° on the inclination angle.
2. By turning the constellation ball with the motor, set "21" printed on the constellation ball to April 10 on the date circle. (Do not turn the constellation ball by hand.)
3. Switch on the illumination light (N).
1. To turn the constellation ball, the motor must be used. If you turn it by hand, the motor may be damaged.
2. When the motor is in operation, do not touch the constellation ball and its frame. Otherwise, not only the motor may be damaged, but also you may be injured on your hand.
3. When taking off the screen cap, hold it by both hands and lift it slowly.
4. When changing the starry skies of the southern and northern hemispheres, turn the constellation balls carefully. If you handle it roughly, it may be damaged.
5. The screen caps and constellation balls are made of very thin materials for their function. If you bring them close to the fire or leave them in the sun, they may become distorted.
6. When cleaning the screen caps, constellation balls, arms, base, etc., wipe them with a dry soft cloth. Never use a cloth moistened with thinner, benzine, etc.
7. If you do not use the Space 800 for a long time, take out the batteries from the battery case.
Contact Us - email@example.com